Saturday, December 1, 2012

Getting Ready for Baby

A couple things that I did to get ready for Elsie to get here.

I saw a similar dresser on pinterest and I just fell in love with it. Christiana's sister gave us a dresser that was all black and I wanted to redo it for Elsie. When I started stripping it though I realized there was like 5 different layers of paint on it. It took 2 coats of stripper and A LOT of standing to get the paint off and start with a smooth surface. Dont look too closely though because the gray border does not match up on the edges because i cut them with a kitchen knife. ;) I love how it turned out though.


I got a little swollen while I was pregnant.


I saw a tutorial of a faux chenille blanket on pinterest and so I decided to give it a shot. This is the finished product. It took forever to cut all those lines and almost 3 spools of thread to sew them all

The car seat cover that I made from another tutorial that was on pinterest. It doesnt fit exactly so I need to remake it a little.

Katt was nice enough to give us a bassinet but it was not that cute and I stored my shoes in it when we were moving so it was dirty. This is the before and after of it.

all of the wonderful things that I received from my baby showers. I will have to buy a few things but I think that we were set up pretty good.

1 comment:

  1. Finally getting caught up on your posting I see!!! I love it! :) You are so crafty and I am secretly going to make you do all of the crafty prep things for me when you come down in 3 weeks! Yay!

    ReplyDelete